Charlotte Moving Company
Looking for trustworthy moving companies in Charlotte, NC? Stop your search here and rely on Carey Moving & Storage to fulfill your relocation needs. Carey has been proudly serving our customers for 115 years, and throughout our history, we have worked diligently to constantly improve our moving solutions and ensure our customers receive the very best when they trust us with their move. Our local roots have allowed us to provide our solutions to Charlotte and beyond since 1907, which is a major point of pride for our company.
Although we have humble beginnings in the Charlotte area, our company has experienced great expansion over the years, which has allowed us to offer our services to a wider array of customers.
In 1928, our company became one of the founding members of Allied Van Lines, and from this point on, Carey was able to stretch our operations along the entire East Coast. In the present day, we have over 1,100 agents in the United States and Canada and 300 international agents.
As your full-service Charlotte moving company, we prioritize our customers above all else. Our philosophy is to treat each and every customer with care and respect so we can deliver the most comprehensive, high-quality moving services possible.
We handle your items as our own, ensuring your belongings remain undamaged in transit. The goal at Carey Moving & Storage is always to transform our customersâ€™ relocations into a stress-free, simplified process, offering tailored solutions that meet their specific goals and needs. Thatâ€™s why weâ€™re second to none when it comes to Charlotte moving companies.
Types of Moving Services Offered in Charlotte
At Carey Moving & Storage, we offer a wide array of services to simplify your moving process and ensure you receive the best solutions. Learn more about our extensive menu below.
- Local moving: Staying local to the Charlotte area? Carey Moving & Storage is here to make your local move a breeze. When youâ€™re relocating locally, thereâ€™s none other than Carey. We have a long history in the area, so we can handle local moves with confidence and ease. Even if youâ€™re not moving far away, we know these moves can still be stressful, which is why our team works alongside you to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Long-distance and international moving: Whether youâ€™re moving across the country or the world, Carey has the knowledgeable staff and high-quality resources to get you there. We take plenty of care to ensure your items donâ€™t sustain damage during these longer journeys, an important aspect to provide our customers with peace of mind during their relocation process. Our interstate moves are powered through our agent status with Allied Van Lines, allowing us to complete your relocation efficiently.
- Commercial relocation: Residential moves arenâ€™t the only relocations in our repertoire. We have over 75 years of experience in commercial relocations as well. Whether you need your company moved locally, long distance, or internationally, our team of moving experts can handle it. Our commercial moving services focus on minimizing your companyâ€™s downtime so you can get back to work at your new location in no time. No matter what industry your business is in, weâ€™ve got you covered.
- Employee relocation: Looking to relocate an employee? Count on Careyâ€™s Charlotte moving services to facilitate your employeeâ€™s move with ease. We provide packing, transportation, vehicle transport, packing materials, and storage options so your company can comfortably settle your employees into their new homes.
- Senior moving: At Carey, we know that senior relocations involve special sets of circumstances as compared to other relocations. Thatâ€™s why we handle these moves with the utmost care and consideration to ensure our senior customers can adjust to their new homes with little stress. We have the skills and friendly attitudes to get the job done with as little stress as possible.
- Vehicle transport: When you need to move your car, motorcycle, or boat to a new location, Carey Moving & Storage has the tools to get the job done. We have specially designed pallets to move your vehicle safely with dependable, high-quality equipment and expert services. We can get your vehicle across the United States in as little as seven to ten days!
- Storage options: At Carey Moving & Storage, we have storage options specially tailored to meet your needs. Carey offers both warehouse and portable storage, offering unmatched flexibility for our customers. Our warehouse facilities nearby Charlotte are climate-controlled and kept under 24/7 monitoring. You can safely keep even the most fragile items in our facilities. Additionally, our mobile storage containers come in various sizes so you can choose which works best for you.
How to Choose the Right Moving Company in Charlotte, NC
Looking for a moving company in Charlotte, NC, but not quite sure how to choose the right one? Discover some of the most important aspects to consider below as you search for your perfect Charlotte movers.
- Gather recommendations: When you need a trusted moving company, count on the people you trust most to provide you with recommendations. Friends and family can be a great way to discover reputable companies. Additionally, looking at reviews online is a helpful approach to gauging customer experiences with a company.
- Check credentials: Ensure that the moving company is licensed and insured. This helps protect your belongings during the move and ensures they meet legal requirements.
- In-person or virtual assessment: Although scheduling an in-person assessment has been the standard in moving for a long time, recent developments in technology have made virtual assessments more reliable. Either way, be sure that your prospective movers provide some sort of reliable assessment for the most accurate pricing.
- Review the contract: Carefully read the terms and conditions mentioned in the contract before signing it, and be sure to ask questions if anything is unclear. Check that your contract includes details about the move, pricing, insurance coverage, and any additional services.
- Check for complaints or disputes: A critical part of this process is to do research and find if there are any complaints or disputes filed against the moving company. This can be completed through the Better Business Bureau.
Contact Carey About Moving to Charlotte
When you need a reliable Charlotte moving company, Carey Moving & Storage has everything youâ€™re looking for and much more. Allow our highly trained staff of professionals to handle your move for you and simplify the process.
Our wide array of moving solutions is designed to make each relocation easier, and we work with our valued customers throughout the entire process to meet their needs. No matter what youâ€™re looking for or how far youâ€™re moving, Carey is prepared to handle the task.
Interested in learning more? Request a free quote online today, and discover our customizable services at competitive rates
Although prices vary depending on the number of items youâ€™re moving, a local move in Charlotte typically costs around $400 on average. Local movers cost anywhere from $85 to $115 per hour per mover.
Yes, you can negotiate with your moving company. This can often be done through price matching, which is why it is helpful to get quotes from various companies as you search for your perfect movers. Additionally, you will have better luck negotiating if you are flexible, especially during the offseason.
Because the cost of your move is largely dependent on the weight of the items your movers need to relocate, you can make your move cheaper by decluttering your space ahead of time.Â By cutting down on the number of items in your home, you will be able to get a cheaper rate from your moving company.
Immediately contact your moving company for damaged or lost items. Be sure to document exactly what was damaged or lost, and take photos of any damages. Itâ€™s important to get everything in writing, so sending an email is a great way to communicate with your movers regarding these issues.
May through September is known as peak moving season. Of these months, June, July, and August are the busiest. Because of how booked companies are during this time, itâ€™s important to book your summer move far in advance. This time of year is ideal for families with children since they are off from school.